Thank you for thinking of staying with us
– we would like to help you make your holiday memorable.
Hope to see you soon, Liz
Our welcome will be as warm as it has always been
Health & Safety – Covid
Pentland Lodge House has an excellent reputation for cleanliness as testified by the number of comments in our reviews. To keep our guests and staff safe we adhere to all Government Health and Safety guidelines and Insurance company requirements. Over the lockdown period we enhanced these as we remained “open”, accommodating a few key workers.
For the remaining year we will be restricting our occupancy levels to ensure the safety of our guests and staff.
We know that many visitors like to hop from place to place doing the NC500 spending only 1 night in each place. If we have space we have always taken one night stays. However we do recommend that over this period you consider staying for at least 3 nights at each stop to minimise numbers of social interactions.
Should you wish a more detailed description of our specific Covid preparations please use this link.
Located near the centre of Thurso, Pentland Lodge House blends the spacious luxury of old style rooms with contemporary decor and modern facilities.
As a family-run B&B we seek the highest standards to make your visit comfortable, convenient and pleasurable whether you are a leisure or business guest. We offer:
- a warm welcome
- comfortable night’s sleep
- refreshing power shower
- tasty “how you like it ” breakfast
- high quality service
- help with your holiday planning so you can get the best out of your visit
Our 8 rooms can accommodate combinations of single, double (all king size or super king), twin and family.
All rooms have power shower ensuite, individual temperature control, free wifi, flat screen TV, desk and seating space in addition to the other standard items.
We are especially proud of our easy access ground floor room especially adapted with wheel chair users in mind.
Photographs of all our rooms are shown later and you can select the room you would like.
Enjoy a hearty Scottish breakfast with, where possible, locally sourced ingredients in our comfortable dining room.
We will serve early if you have to catch the ferry or later if you find our comfortable beds too appealing.
Our breakfasts are cooked to order how you like it.
If you have any dietary requirements please don’t hesitate to ask for alternative products, we can easily provide ‘free-from’ products when requested.
We also offer a few extras
- Excellent internet signal for free wifi throughout the house.
- Free access to the local swimming pool, steam room, sauna and gym with our High Life card.
- Complimentary pick-up from the last train (must prebook).
- Snack style supper tray can be provided as room service (must prebook).
- Discounts offered on longer bookings.
- Laundry can be arranged.
- Tourist Information Help with your holiday plans (click here).
- Free Electric Vehicle Charging Station.
- Dog friendly.
Give us a ring or drop us an email
– we look forward to hearing from you.